RM Sotheby’s most recent Elkhart Collection Auction was held on October 23-24 as a live event in Elkhart, Indiana. We have been looking forward to this event for quite some time as there were some astonishing vehicle set to cross the block. Well, the auction is now over and the results are incredible. With over 240 cars crossing the block, the event grossed over $44,385,420 in sales. In total, there were no less than 2,500 bidders both in the auction and remotely from 53 countries. One of the most interesting facts is that 55 percent of the bidders were first-time RM Sotheby’s clientele.
Top 10 Sales
- 10. 1954 Fiat 8V Coupe by Vignale – $907,000
- 9. 1967 Toyota 2000GT – $912,500
- 8. 1969 Lamborghini Miura P400 S by Bertone – $1,160,000
- 7. 1955 Jaguar D-Type Continuation – $1,325,000
- 6. 1955 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing – $1,495,500
- 5. 1963 Jaguar E-Type Lightweight Continuation – $1,710,000
- 4. 1955 Cooper-Jaguar T38 Mk II – $1,765,000
- 3. 1957 Jaguar XKSS Continuation – $1,985,000
- 2. 1953 Fiat 8V Supersonic by Ghia – $2,040,000
- 1. 1952 Ferrari 225 S Berlinetta by Vignale – $2,810,000
Kenneth Ahn, President and CEO, RM Sotheby’s, said: “We are extremely pleased with the results, especially considering the complexities and challenges of executing such a high-profile auction with multiple constituents in the current market environment. I believe this auction highlighted RM Sotheby’s key strengths and capabilities as a global market leader for achieving successful results for private collections. The Elkhart Collection auction was also another case study for the power of ‘no reserve’ collection auctions, with many of the lots seeing incredible results. The success of The Elkhart Collection auction joins previous court-authorized bankruptcy auctions that RM Sotheby’s has successfully conducted such as the 2016 Duemila Route sale in Milan, Italy on behalf of the Italian Government and the 2017 Level 5 Motorsports liquidation in Auburn, Indiana on behalf of U.S. Federal authorities, and further highlighting our company’s ability to execute complex sales successfully on a global scale.”
The post RM Sotheby’s Elkhart Collection Auction Sees Incredible Results appeared first on duPont REGISTRY Daily.